"There is always the promise of freedom wherever you all may roam. Keep the faith and walk the edge."

Monday, August 4, 2008

COLDPLAY! :) :)

Do check out the video at the end of this post. I know it's long but it's awesome. And if you're short on time, skip it to 4:10 and watch :)


My first major gig ever.. And it was soooooo awesome.. COLDPLAY!! And of course the Section 1 front row seats helped a little too :) (right next to the side stage where the band played later on!).. But besides all that, it was something I haven't done in a long long time.. Just let loose.. Scream.. Not give a damn about anything.. I didn't even realize till the concert that I had actually missed out on rock for so long (2+ years?)! It was a perfect perfect end to a rather imperfect work week (I zoned out for the first time ever during my major presentation :-/ )

However, I would have enjoyed the concert a lot more if I had a few of my “own” people there with me.. Just so that we could re-live it again and again and.. Oh well.. So in no particular order - my “Wish you were here” people - my parents (they would think it’s too loud but they’re extremely hug-able), Big B Shabby (whose wedding is going to be the main topic for a lot of the upcoming posts), Nithin (for being there for me for the whole of last year and not even knowing it), Uday (strange friends are the best kinds :P) and Sayli & Neha (missed you both like crazy, even though you guys are not interested in Coldplay).

Anyway.. I don’t think I’ve ever woke up on a Monday morning with such a huge smile and so thankful for everyone/everything I have.. And it just took a little over 2 hours to re-align my perspective.. :)


Coldplay - Verizon Center, Washington DC, Aug 03, 2008
Setlist

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Setlist:

Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill -- Nithin (cause I was on the phone with you!)
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Yes
42
Fix You -- Shabby :) :) and Uday
Strawberry Swing
Chinese Sleep Chant (Side stage)
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Side stage/techno version)
Square One
The Hardest Part (Partial) -- Shabby
Yellow
Lost!
The Scientist (Side Stage - Acoustic) -- Sayli and Neha
Death Will Never Conquer (Side stage - Acoustic - Will)
Let's Talk (Video)

Encore:

Politik
Lovers In Japan -- Nithin
Death And All His Friends
The Escapist

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2 comments:

Ne said...

Looks like you saved up your voice to scream! :)

Standing around the corner said...

Yup :) I hope you watched video.. especially the end bit!

About Me