"There is always the promise of freedom wherever you all may roam. Keep the faith and walk the edge."

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why do I always get caught up in stupid situations?

This morning, I decided to take an earlier bus to get to work early (one of those crazy early morning decisions!). With my hair still disheveled from last night’s incomplete slumber, I threw on an oversized brown sweater and jeans and ran to catch the bus. Normally when I have music blaring into my ears, I’m untroubled by conversations; however today, by some stupid twist of fate, I noticed that the driver was trying to talk to me. As always, I played the good listener, listened to his early morning blues (or at least pretended to), smiled and continued to sleep with my eyes open. 15 minutes and a random conversation later (which involved him telling me how it’s nice to have music on the bus amongst other dull commuters), I reached my stop. He mouthed the words “I like you” and handed me a brown note with his name and number hastily scribbled over it as I walked out. Caught off guard (plus it was 6:30 a.m!), I just stopped for a moment, stared at the note in my hand and walked out.

Later, I couldn’t help but wonder if I had spurred him on into doing that. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and frown next time?

2 comments:

BestDeals said...

heheheheheh, thats outrageous and hilarious at the same time, now the time comes that drivers of shuttle falls on you ;)

Anonymous said...

haha bus driver hiting on you :P. I dont think you did anything wrong, you were being nice by acting like you listen to him their is nothing wrong in that.

About Me